Saturday, January 19, 2013

My kid hates winter... can I trade him in?

The Little Ninja doesn't like the snow. Seriously. MY kid. Was he switched at birth? While all I read lately are messages from mommy friends enthusiastically reporting how much their kid likes the snow, complete with photos of said kid gleefully being pulled along on a sled, or rolling in the snow, or even skating, I jealously report that I can't say that about the Little Ninja. HE HATES WINTER. 

We've gone out in the snow. We dress up warm. He whines. He cries. He screams. He refuses to get on the sled, flailing about like I'm trying to drop him into hot oil or something. He refuses to try skating, kicking out at me to get the blades off his boots, almost maiming me in the process (Little Ninja remains an apt nickname). 

Now my question is this: is this a phase? Will he grow out of it? Will he like winter next year? Is he just showing his stubborn almost-two-year-old defiance of everything, particularly things that I obviously seem to want? Is that all this is? Or is there something fundamentally different about him, something he may have gotten from his father... Does he really hate winter? Will he always? Am I doomed to always ski and sled and skate alone?


No comments:

Post a Comment