Monday, August 13, 2012

Back in black

Well, back, anyway. I'm always in black. Seriously. I'm one of those.

Anyway... Seeing that my last post was about the disappointment of my last trip to Canada, I figured that now would be a good time to start writing again, as our next trip is just a week away.

You will all (ha ha) undoubtedly be proud to note that I have, as resolved, implemented a few changes. We are indeed going for three weeks, but starting with a two-day stopover in Iceland to enjoy Reykjavik and relax in the Blue Lagoon before continuing on to Toronto.

We have also rented a cottage in Cottage Country (up north, in the lakey, woodsy tamed wilderness that is Haliburton) for a week in the middle. This might give us some time alone, or just merely move the frustration up north. (I still invited my family up to the cottage with us.)

We'll see. I'm hoping for the best. At the very worst, we'll still have a nice lake nearby to drown my parents swim in and all my favourite Canadian junk food on hand to eat away our frustrations enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment