Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Noodle Ninja

To our great relief, The Little Ninja is a noodle fiend too. He seems to have inherited both my own love of pasta and his father's love of Asian-style noodles. (Really, though, how could he have survived otherwise?)

Despite refusing most of the things we (adults) eat, last week he polished off a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs with me, this week he's been gobbling down fried noodles with satay sauce with Papa and today he stole the noodles from my instant pho. Seriously. I wasn't finished, he had already eaten, and he stole all of the remaining noodles from my soup. I was left with a bit of broth.

He even wanted in on my Kraft Dinner and weiners last month. My husband won't go near KD, not having grown up with it, I guess, and when I consider that it's really just pasta, butter and cheese powder, I don't really blame him. And yet, I did grow up with it and while no longer addicted as I was in high school and university, I still find myself mildly anxious when I can't get it for a while. It's comfort food. And now The Little Ninja's hooked, too. I guess we don't need to worry about what to feed him in Canada. :)

So, to our Noodle family a true son of our blood, hearts, minds and stomachs was born. And The Little Ninja became a Noodle Ninja. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment