Tuesday, November 27, 2012

SYTYCD and my PVR

Here in Holland, So You Think You Can Dance airs on Sunday night and reruns on Monday. I had to work last night so I set the PVR to record it for me. I watched it tonight (Monday), before the rerun aired.

First of all, I really need to watch it live. You can't vote when you watch it later. Not that I usually do vote, to be honest, but the last performance tonight was so good... and having followed the show all season, I know what dicks the voting public can be. I would have voted for this one. Vivian and Frederic were amazing. AH.MAY.ZING.

Anyway. The contestants had just lined up for the results when my recording ended. Seriously.

But, as I said, the show is rerun on Mondays. Only the rerun was about an hour behind what I was watching so I had to stay up till 1 am just to see the end. Because I wasn't already tired or anything. Sheesh. You can't even fast-forward through the commercials. I did get to see that great performance again, though. (I have it recorded, obviously, so really I could have done that anyway, but I'm trying to be positive here.)

Right. So. We get to the end, and the stupid voters that got to watch the show the night before voted for the wrong people. In fact, I wish you could 'unvote'. I find it much easier to determine who I like least over who I like best. Too bad you can't 'vote them off the stage', as such. Then I'd DEFINITELY vote. But unfortunately...

The dorks that got to vote last night got rid of Vita and Arno instead of Davinia (who in my opinion - and the judges', incidentally - should have been gone weeks ago) and Delano. And I could do nothing but watch in horror. Davinia is a popular little rich girl, it seems, and she gets a lot of favorite votes. I bet, however, that had the voting system been reversed, she also would have gotten the most votes, and thus gotten voted out. <sigh>

To be fair, I wouldn't have picked either Vita or Arno to win, but I think they're better than D&D. Anyway. I'm finished bitching now.And next week I'm voting.


No comments:

Post a Comment