Monday, December 10, 2012

SYTYCD finale

Just for good form, I'll mention that I'm satisfied with the So You Think You Can Dance Finale last night. Since the people I wanted got into the final, however, I wasn't quite as invested in who won. Ultimately, it was Frederic, which I think was a good choice. Although Vivian was clearly the better dancer, I don't think she'll have any trouble getting work as a dancer after the SYTYCD live tour winds down. Frederic was good too, but showed a lot more improvement and growth over the course of the show, and I think he could better use the prize (particularly the dance schooling abroad), as Vivian is really already polished and though she said she wanted to go to New York to study at Alvin Ailey's studio, I don't think she needs it. And I also think that if she decides to do that, she'll go regardless whether she won or not. Frederic, having less support at home, has now found the loving support of the Netherlands and Belgium and the financial support to study dance wherever he pleases. Everybody wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment