Monday, October 1, 2012

Canada, take 2

We've been back almost a month, so I guess I've recovered enough to talk about it. Canada was alright. I mean, parts of it were great, but parts of it still kind of sucked. I'm starting to think the 'problem' however, is just me. I mean, as the Recyclist so rationally claims, you just have to expect some obligation and guilting on a trip like that. And that's true. I understand that my family wants to see me (or, more truthfully, The Little Ninja,) as much as possible and preferably on as many occasions as possible.

I've realized that the part I have trouble with is the people. The constant visiting, and, in the end, even my own little family's constant presence. As a clear-cut introvert, I need time by myself. Without family, friends, or, I now realize, even my own husband and son. I need time ALONE. Making the trip longer to spread out visits, therefore, is not the answer. Making the trip shorter so I can get back to alone-time, well, that might be a better one. Or just taking off on the Recyclist and The Little Ninja, making my escape in the rental car. What? Just for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment