Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The D word

Diet.

There. I said it. Or wrote it, at least.

I've complained about the weight I gained in pregnancy and I've complained about not being able to get rid of it. So now that the novelty of my incredible shaping underwear has worn off, as it was bound to do sooner or later, I have decided to take the plunge. I am going on a diet.

The stupid thing is that I eat healthily already. I already exercise plenty. But for baby fat, it's just not enough. I mean, it's enough not to GAIN weight, so I suppose it's my body's normal balance, but the balance is a good 5kg above where I used to be and want to be again.

Hence the diet.

Since 5kg is not really very much in the big world of dieting, I'm not going for anything too drastic. I looked at Atkins, the high-protein, low-carb diet that really worked for a friend of mine but it looked too complicated. If I have to calculate anything, it's doomed to failure. Not that I have any problems with math in general - I just am not that committed. Atkins (and number-crunching Weight-Watchers) are out.

So I went for an easy solution. Weight care. It's kind of like the ultra slim-fast diets I remember from commercials when I was a kid. I have a meal replacement shake or bar for breakfast and lunch and then I eat a 'responsible meal' for dinner. The website has 'responsible meal' suggestions but I haven't looked at them and am just eating my normal dinner.

Really, I should have done this sooner. Now with the shakes and meal-replacement bars, I am actually eating breakfast regularly for the first time since The Little Ninja was born. Unfortunately, that might also mean that I'm actually eating MORE than I was off-diet.

Time will tell. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment